Glutathione injections for skin whitening is a great choice for people of all skin types. Today there are a variety of skin whitening treatments available for common people, including glutathione injections.
These treatments help all those with dull, wrinkled, and pigmented skin and restore their lost skin tone and glow. They work by reducing the production of melanin in our bodies. To the uninitiated, melanin is responsible for our skin’s pigmentation. The higher the melanin produced, the darker the skin gets.
In this post we will understand everything about glutathione injection for skin whitening, As time passes, our skin starts showing signs of aging gradually. It loses its glow and turns out saggy, wrinkled, and pigmented. Due to various factors, some people face premature aging as well for which they start looking for ways to treat. Due to the advancement in technology, there are various anti-aging and one of them is glutathione injection
Table of Contents
What is Glutathione?
Glutathione is an antioxidant that is naturally produced in our bodies. It is generated by our liver and has multiple responsibilities like repairing and building skin tissues, boosting immunity, slowing down the aging process, neutralizing free radicals, and acting as an anti-cancer agent.
Glutathione is also known as the “mother of all antioxidants”. As we get older, the production of glutathione decreases, which, in turn, accelerates the process of aging.
As you would have guessed, glutathione injections increase the level of glutathione in your body, which helps in retaining your youthful, supple, and healthy skin. Dermatologists also use glutathione injections for skin whitening due to their positive effects on the skin.
Glutathione is a prominent antioxidant made up of 3 amino acids- glycine, glutamic acid, and cysteine. It is capable of fighting free radicals that damage our body cells. It also leads to various important chemical reactions in the body, including detoxifying chemicals like drugs, pollutants, etc
What is a Glutathione Injection?
Like the name implies, a glutathione injection is a shot of glutathione—or as Murphy-Rose explains, “A glutathione injection is an intravenous administration of glutathione, a naturally occurring antioxidant made of 3 amino acids (cysteine, glycine and glutamic acid). Glutathione plays a crucial role in the body’s natural defense against oxidative stress by shuffling electrons from where we don’t want them to where we do want them. This helps to detoxify harmful substances in the body.”
Benefits of glutathione Injection
Glutathione works miraculously for the skin. It is very essential to have it at the proper level. Some of its benefits are mentioned below-
- Strong antioxidant. Free radicals damage the skin cells that cause various skin issues like dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles. These also suck hydration out from the body which results in dry and saggy skin. Being an amazing antioxidant, glutathione neutralizes free radicals caused by pollution and UV rays.
- Provides elasticity. Glutathione spikes collagen production and elastin reserves in the body. This also helps the skin hold moisture that eventually leads to increased elasticity and skin rejuvenation. It smoothens the skin and diminishes the signs of skin aging.
- Detoxification. A healthy liver is also crucial for healthy skin. Toxins in any form consumed by us are purified by our liver. Hence, keeping it healthy is necessary for all the possible reasons. Glutathione has been proven to work in this detoxification and thereby, reduces blemishes and other skin imperfections.
- Treats pigmentation. It has been proved in various research that glutathione reduces the production of melanin, the pigment responsible for giving color to our skin. Hence, it leads to skin whitening, even skin tone, and reduced dark spots.
- Targets inflammatory actions. Inflammation is something that can be the outcome of any skin issue, whether it’s hyperpigmentation or acne. Free radicals can also be caused by inflammation. Glutathione possesses anti-inflammatory properties and hence, it facilitates healthy cell function and shields the skin from harmful factors.
- Boosts immunity. A healthy immune system is also crucial for healthy skin. When it gets weakened, it can lead to skin concerns like acne, eczema, inflammation, etc. Glutathione boosts immunity that directly leads to healthier skin.
- Whitens skin. Glutathione evens out the skin tone and reduces dark spots, acne scars, and blemishes. It leads to an overall brighter skin tone that gradually and eventually leads to skin whitening.
- Rejuvenates skin. Apart from the aforementioned benefits, glutathione also helps in bringing a youthful look. It smoothens the skin texture and brings evenness throughout our face. To gain the maximum benefits out of it, this can be clubbed with other services.
How does Glutathione injection work?
Glutathione injection treatment is very simple. It’s quite similar to getting a vaccine shot. The dermatologist will prepare the glutathione injection by mixing multiple chemicals based on the skin type, color, and other factors. The injection is administered to your body through a vein. Your dermatologist will determine the frequency of the injection. It is usually three times a week in the initial days and then reduced to one day a week. You can start seeing the results six to eight weeks after the treatment.
Glutathione Injection vs. Pill: Which is better?
Yes, there are glutathione pills available on the market. However, most dermatologists will recommend glutathione injections over pills as the pills are not as effective as injections. Also, the results of pills are not as long-lasting as the injection. The pills are mainly used as boosters. They are sometimes prescribed by dermatologists to maintain the effects of the injection.
Composition of Glutathione Injections
Glutathione is an antioxidant consisting of 3 amino acids glycine, glutamic acid, and cysteine. These amino acids help by –
- Neutralizing the lipid peroxides-breakdown in our cell membrane.
- Maintaining Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- Regulating the production of hydrogen peroxide
How many glutathione injections are necessary to see results?
Generally, a dose of 600-1200 mg twice a week is recommended by the doctors. Since it lasts only for a limited time, this process needs to be repeated for skin whitening, as the practitioner suggests. As much as you go for these injections, the more youthful look you tend to get.
Generally, 8-10 permanent skin whitening injections are required for effective results but there must be a certain gap between the two consecutive sessions. Every person has a unique skin tone and hence, the number of brightening injections also differs for everyone.
Side-effects of glutathione injection
There are a few risks associated with this treatment the severity of which depends on the dosage. This will certainly be taken care of by the practitioner. These side-effects are-
- Weight gain
- Asthma/breathing problem
- Whitening or loss of hair
- Some sort of eye disorder
- Pain in chest/breasts
- Skin rashes
- Concerns like toxic epidermal necrolysis and steven johnson syndrome
Is any aftercare required?
Since it is just a simple injection, not much aftercare is required. Applying an ice pack on the injected areas for around 10-20 minutes after the injection would soothe you big time.
You need not rest just after this treatment. Instead, you can follow your normal routine just after the treatment. If you feel pain in any of your body parts, consult your doctor and take the prescribed medicines for the same.
There are certain factors like number of injections required/ length of treatment, quality, and maintenance that affect the price of these brightening injections. Generally, this price ranges from R800 to R1000 per injection in south africa. Here in Gauteng, it is R1500 to R3000 per dose.
In a nutshell, Glutathione is quite effective in skin whitening and making your skin glow. Its zero downtime has also bolstered its popularity among those looking for skin whitening treatments. However, due to its side effects, this treatment has to be performed only by an experienced and trained dermatologist. glutathione can be claimed as an immensely strong antioxidant that poses a huge impact on the health of our skin. It promotes a youthful look and a strong immune system by fighting free radicals.
At Pixel Beauty Cosmetics, we have professional and trained dermatologists who give personal attention to every patient. They examine everybody and their requirements closely and verify their reports very well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do any toxins affect glutathione?
Yes, there are a few toxins that can affect glutathione. Some of the common ones include:
- Excessive barbecued food
- UV radiation
How long will it take to get the desired results?
The time can vary for every patient. It is dependent on a lot of factors like response and metabolic rate, skin color, and the desired results. But generally, most people can see results in as early as 2 weeks.
Should I stop the glutathione injection?
If you have achieved the desired results, you can stop the glutathione injection treatment. The results from the injection are usually semi-permanent. As a result, you might have to periodically undergo this treatment to reverse aging.
Will the results from the glutathione injection vanish?
The results for skin complexion are usually permanent. But as time passes, the effects of the treatment might slowly fade. The speed of fading depends on how well you take care of the skin. You can maintain the achieved results by avoiding direct exposure to the sun, quitting smoking, etc.
What are the main factors leading to the depletion of glutathione from our skin cells?
Several activities that we perform on a daily basis can deplete glutathione. Starting from environmental factors like pollution, smoke, and micro dust, to strenuous exercise and improper diet, everything can contribute to its depletion.
The best clinic to get glutathione injection treatment for skin whitening in South Africa
If you are in South Africa or its vicinity, and you are looking to get glutathione injection, your search will end with Pixel Beauty Cosmetics. The Shop is equipped with all the latest Glutathione injection on the market today.