Skin lightening …….We all crave for flawless and radiant skin. Clear skin means spending less time on everyday makeup, and also needing a minimal number of skin care products. If you wish to have a clear and flawless skin or need to change your skin color, it’s time to tackle those skin issues. Makeup is a temporary solution as it can only camouflage, not cure your skin problems. Using cheap or bad quality cosmetic products/skin lightening can make your skin greasy and further aggravate the problem skin lightening in brakpan
With the increased options for various skin whitening treatments available globally, it has become easier than ever to restore the lost glow and skin tone. From laser treatments to bleaching, there are different ways to lighten your skin. skin lightening in brakpan
Skin lightening treatment aims at reducing the excessive melanin content in your skin. Since accumulation of melanin is responsible for your dark spots, uneven tone etc. a reduction in it gives you a lighter complexion. A skin lightening treatment can help treat melasma, sun damage, freckles and other types of marks.
Skin Lightening Treatment
Most people misunderstand skin lightening to be equivalent to skin lightening or fairness. According to expert dermatologists, skin whitening treatment is a popular myth. Skin whitening or altering the concentration of melanin with the use of harsh chemicals is unsafe and stems from social prejudices. It is a popular misconception and dermatologists strongly rule out the possibility of fading your complexion beyond the natural one. skin lightening in brakpan
Best Skin Lightening Treatment
Different kinds of treatments can be done to achieve skin lightening. According to your needs, you can go with a skin lightening procedure on a specified body part or a face lightening treatment. Some of the most common skin lightening treatments are as follows –
- Chemical Peel for Lightening Skin: In this procedure, a solution containing alpha hydroxy acids from natural extracts is applied to remove the damaged outer layer of the skin, which has accumulated melanin allowing the healthier lower layers to appear on the surface. On the basis of the concentration, chemical peels can be of three types – light, medium, or deep. A chemical peel is a gentle option to lighten discolored skin by effectively reducing facial blemishes, tan, dark spots and even out the skin tone. Chemical peels are mostly performed for a facial skin lightening procedure.
- Laser Treatment For Skin Lightening: In laser treatment, the concerned skin is exposed to a concentrated beam of light. Due to its high energy, the excess melanin is broken down and dispersed by the natural immune system in the skin. As a result, healthier and brighter skin appears. The regenerated skin is flawless. This treatment is also known as laser peel or lasabrasion. The laser treatment helps in effectively reducing concerns like skin pigmentation, dark spots, sun tanning, dull skin etc. Laser treatment is used for both face and certain body parts brightening treatment.
- Skin Lightening Injections: Skin whitening injections use glutathione, a skin lightening agent. This stops the production of an enzyme called tyrosinase, which is involved in making melanin in the body. As per popular belief, these injections can detoxify the body, protect the skin from harmful UV rays and promote fair skin tone. The “Natural Medicine Comprehensive Database” has classified the use of this injection in the “possibly safe” category, though it does not comment on the effectiveness of a glutathione injection as a skin-lightening agent. Some studies suggest a high dosage of glutathione is unsafe and may cause severe side effects. Good evidence-based studies are needed to ascertain the results of glutathione.
Although, you can find these injections may be available in selected skin clinics. However, proper research must be done before choosing this option.
- Skin Lightening Products: You can find a wide range of chemical and lightening products in the market. Most of these products have materials like azelaic acid, arbutin, retinol, hydroquinone, glycolic acid, lactic acid and kojic acid, etc. Some of these ingredients are popular for their bleaching properties
- Arbutin: Arbutin is a popular ingredient in many skin lightening products and anti-pigmentation solutions. It is extremely beneficial to reduce freckles, stretch marks, lighten the colour of the skin as well as aging spots.
- Skin Whitening Surgery: Today, there is a massive interest in availing medically invasive procedures to treat pigmentary concerns. However, “skin whitening surgeries” do not exist. Most of the skin lightening treatments like laser toning and chemical peels are safe, effective, non-invasive and in-clinic procedures that require no hospitalization and are done by experienced and qualified dermatologists.